#lucknowi kebab #shamikebab #mutton recipes #ramzan special #iftaar recipe #starters #shami kebab
Ramadan is a special month in the Islamic calendar that involves fasting from dawn to dusk. During this time, it is customary to break the fast with a special meal called Iftar. Iftar is a time for families and friends to come together and share a meal. There are many traditional Ramadan dishes that are enjoyed during this time, such as samosas, pakoras, and dates
Here is a simple recipe for Shami Kebabs that you would love:
- 750 gm mutton mince
- 2 cups of water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chana dal (soaked overnight)
- 2 – 3 dried red chillies
- Oil for frying
- 1 large potato
- Handful of finely chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- 2-3 finely chopped green chillies (as per taste)
- In a large saucepan, add the mince, water, onions, ginger, garlic, and lentils. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until the water has dried up completely.
- Add the garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, and red chillies. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
- In a blender, add the mixture along with the egg and blend until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add the mashed potato into the mixture. Add chat masala and finely chopped coriander and mint leaves and green chillies.
- Wet your hands and form small patties out of the mixture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the patties from the pan and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with mint chutney and enjoy your delicious homemade Shami Kebabs!
It is important to note that the recipes and traditions can vary greatly based on cultural and regional differences. Happy Ramzan!
2 thoughts on “Lucknowi Shami Kebab”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Indeed! thanks 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person